Our guidelines for selection are:
- To prioritise support for small organisations working with women in need where our funding is likely to make the most difference. In the case of larger organisations, applications must show how the grant will make an impact on the lives of the women it is supporting.
- Preference is given to UK registered charities but we will consider funding other non profit, civil society or cultural organisations carrying out charitable work, irrespective of whether the funding is to support activity in the UK or overseas.
Unfortunately, we cannot support all of the organisations that approach us. Whilst we consider all eligible applications we either can not or will not generally support the following:
- Specifically religious appeals
- Capital appeals
- Animal welfare projects
- Endowment funds
- Expeditions or overseas travel
- Political parties or bodies
Application requirements and process: We are not asking you to complete a complex application form, but we would be grateful if you could supply the following information:
- Full contact details
- Brief details about you or your organisation
- Your most recent Annual Report and Accounts (where appropriate)
- A 600 word proposal describing why you want a grant
- A budget outlining how you would spend a grant
In assessing applications, the Foundation will give priority to applications that have not previously received funding from the Foundation.
Closing date for applications: 1 June
Decision making: All applications are considered by the Foundation Trustees and assessed in light of the Foundation’s grants budget. Those applications that most closely fit the priorities and areas of interest within the funds available will be taken forward and final decisions made in advance of the annual Women of the Year Lunch which is normally held in October of each year.
All applicants will be notified (by email) prior to the annual Lunch.
If your application is successful you will be informed of the terms and conditions which will be attached to your grant along with reporting requirements and deadlines. An announcement of the grants for each year is made at the annual Lunch. Any variation from the grant as approved must first be cleared with the Foundation.
Reporting: All successful applicants will be expected to submit a report on the grant funded activity, six months after the grant is awarded. All reports should demonstrate the impact of the activity on its beneficiaries and the benefits they obtained. We also endeavour to remain in touch with funded organisations and individuals so that we can learn about any longer term impact the activity may have had.
Attribution: It is not mandatory, but would be appreciated, if applicants acknowledged the support of the Women of the Year Foundation in all documents and announcements associated with the activity for which funding is provided. Copies of such documentation should be provided to the Foundation.
Please email your applications to email@example.com or post it to Women of the Year Foundation, C/o Anne-Marie Piper, Farrer & Co, 66 Lincolns Inn Fields, WC2A 3LH.
The Women of the Year Foundation is a registered charity number 1090866