Judging Panel 2012
July 31, 2012
At the Women of the Year Lunch, in addition to 400 inspirational women from all walks of life, who are invited to attend as recognition of their work and incredible achievements that year, a number of special Awards are made.
The Women of the Year Council is pleased to announce the Women of the Year judging panel for the 2012 Awards – a terrific line up of women from across sectors:
• Camila Batmanghelidjh, Chief Executive, Kids Company
• Melanie Dawes, Director General of the Economic & Domestic Affairs Secretariat at the Cabinet Office
• Sue McGregor, writer and broadcaster
• Nicola Mendelsohn, Executive Chairman and Partner at Karmarama
• Sue Peart, editor, You magazine
• Ronke Phillips, correspondent ITV London
• Jasvinder Sanghera, CEO & Founder of Karma Nirvana, a support group for victims of honour violence
• Sandi Toksvig, comedienne, author and presenter
• Lady Sue Woodford-Hollick CBE, businesswoman and consultant
Women of the Year Chairman, Teresa Graham, said: “We had a stellar line up of judges this year to select the Women of the Year special awards. And they had a hard task as 2011/12 has been full of stories of women achieving remarkable things and celebrating successes across entertainment, sport, public life, business and the voluntary sector. The judges meeting was an extremely interesting and enjoyable occasion.”
Each year, 400 women are nominated by the Women of the Year Nominations Council, and invitations are then issued over the summer.
Teresa Graham added: “The Nominations Council has the great pleasure of selecting 400 hundred women each year – every one of whom is a ‘woman of the year’ – to attend the lunch. These are women who have made a huge difference to their communities, society or the world around them, either by achieving business success or the peak of their careers across other sectors, or by overcoming incredible personal challenges.
“When all the Women of the Year guests gather at the Lunch in October, it is always such an enormous privilege to meet so many inspiring characters and see them networking with one another.”
Read more about the winners of our awards in 2011 and see photographs from the 2011 Lunch here.
This year’s Women of the Year Lunch will take place on Monday 22 October.