Nominate your Woman of the Year with Lorraine!
25th August 2021 by Natalie Burns
Nominations are now open! If you know someone who you think deserves the Woman of the Year Kindness Award, send us your nomination now. Nominations close at midday on Monday 20 September 2021.
To make a nomination, send an email to Lorraine@itv.com with ‘Woman of the Year’ in the subject line and the following information in the body of the email:
- Your name and the name of your Nominee;
- Your relationship to the Nominee;
- Your telephone number;
- Your Nominee’s telephone number. You must have consent of the Nominee to pass their details to us;
- A headshot photo of the Nominee in colour and in JPEG format up to 10MB in size
- A description (maximum 250 words) outlining why the nominee should be awarded the Woman of the Year Award, including how the nominee has:
- dedicated a large amount of time to an organisation, community or specific people;
- gone above and beyond the call of duty;
- shown care and compassion;
- broken down barriers for the better;
- overcome obstacles against the odds to make a difference.
At the bottom of your email please include the following statement:
“I consent to the processing of my Sensitive Information in accordance with the Sensitive Information Privacy Notice.”
Both you and your nominee must be aged 18 or over and UK, Channel Island or Isle of Man residents.
You must nominate another person, who cannot nominate yourself. Please only nominate 1 person.
You and your nominee need to be available for filming between Friday 27 September – Monday 11 October 2021.
If your nominee is shortlisted as a Finalist, they will need to be available to come to London on Sunday 10 October and Monday 11 October.
15 Years of generosity: Women of the Year and Barclays
For fifteen years, Women of the Year has been supported by Barclays. Attracted by the idea of celebrating the achievements of women across all walks of life, our relationship with the organisation was forged by Joan Armatrading during her term as President. Possibly helped by the fact that the then Chief Executive of Barclays Retail, Deanna Oppenheimer, was a lifelong fan of Joan's!Read full article
Announcing our new ‘Extraordinary Ordinary’ Podcast
We are delighted to announce the The ‘Extraordinary Ordinary’ Women of the Year Podcast: an inspiring celebration of ordinary women doing extraordinary things. Building on our history of recognising, celebrating and inspiring women of all backgrounds since 1955, each episode will see women from all walks of life share their incredible stories in candid interviews. We will be honouring those who quietly make a huge difference to our world.Read full article
We are delighted to announce that Lady Louise Vaughan is our new Chair
Lady Louise Vaughan is taking over from Catherine Roe, Chief Executive Officer of contract catering company Elior, as Chair of the organisation.Read full article